Children's Music Coordinator
OVERVIEW: Fairmount Presbyterian Church is seeking a part-time Children’s Music Coordinator (CMC) for a position opening August 15, 2019.
Please direct resumes and questions to: Leah Wyman, Artistic Director email@example.com.
HOURS: 10 hours per week, including Christmas Eve, Christmas (when falling on Sunday), and Holy Week (Palm/Easter Sundays). The CMC attends worship 46 Sundays per year, and is excused 4 Sundays during the Summer, and 2 Sundays (non-consecutive) during the program year (Sept- May).
SALARY: $10,900 annually, paid bi-weekly
ACCOUNTABILITY: The CMC works closely with the Director of Spiritual Formation and is supervised by the Artistic Director. This person is also accountable to the Session of Fairmount Presbyterian Church.
RESPONSIBILITIES: To assist in providing a quality music ministry for children that supports their spiritual growth and contributes to the faith formation of the congregation.
Direct Children’s Choirs
- Run weekly rehearsals, September through May, as scheduled.
- Accompany children’s anthems as needed on piano or keyboard.
- Recruit and develop two Children’s singing ensembles.
- Select musical pieces with input from the Artistic Director.
- Communicate regularly with staff and parents regarding rehearsals and performances.
- Coordinate worship performance schedule with Artistic Director.
- Distribute relevant bulletin or newsletter information to office staff as needed.
- Create materials that help facilitate the learning of the music to be performed.
- Recruit children, volunteers and parents to support the ministry.
Annual Musical Program
- Select program content with input from Artistic Director and Director of Spiritual Formation.
- Coordinate auditions as needed.
- Organize and conduct performance and rehearsals in collaboration with staff.
- Recruit volunteers to assist with tasks associated with production of musical.
- Communicate with congregation and parents about rehearsal and performance times.
Recruitment for Worship
- Recruit, rehearse, and coordinate Children and Youth willing to share their musical gifts in worship on a semi-regular basis.
- Create and maintain a database of children’s musical gifts/talents.
- Build relationships with children and families to facilitate their participation in worship.
Worship Enrichment (“WE”)
- Provide primary music leadership and support for WE time each Sunday (with exception of 1st Sunday of each month). Music selection will be made with the input of the Director of Spiritual Formation.
- In collaboration with the Director of Spiritual Formation, coordinate, recruit and support WE volunteers.
- Build relationships with children, parents and adult volunteers in WE.
- Explore ways of incorporating WE music and children into the larger worship experience.
Contribute to “CONNECT”, an intergenerational/relational offering several times per month following 10 am worship.
This time may be used a variety of ways (leading musical experiences, extra rehearsals, etc.), with input from the Artistic Director and Director of Spiritual Formation.