The Session recently announced the expansion of Fairmount’s music ministry to ensure all who experience the ministries and missions of the church are inspired by the gift of sacred music. This expansion will be defined by a commitment to a more diverse offering of music - in all areas of church life - that holds the best of our tradition, while expanding the circle of music that is considered sacred. This vision is built on the belief that music is an essential component to an active and vibrant faith.
Imagine a music ministry that supports your spiritual growth through…
- Utilizing the varied musical talents within our congregation and community to enhance worship, service, and faith formation opportunities.
- An expanded music repertoire that incorporates jazz, gospel, classical, world, bluegrass, traditional, and contemporary music.
- Our adult and children choirs, along with smaller ensembles, providing musical support and leadership in worship.
- Traditional church music and hymns being offered right alongside new forms of sacred music.
- A wide variety of instrumental support in worship that includes organ, piano, strings, bells, brass, woodwinds, percussion, and guitars.
- Traditional hymns and church music reworked and reimagined.
- An annual Concert Series that highlights a variety of music styles.
A search process is underway to bring together a diverse and talented music team that will make this vision a reality. Underpinning this expanded vision for music at the church will be the same commitment to high quality, well-rehearsed, theologically sound music we have enjoyed for over a century.